Έλα τώρα κι εσύ στην παρέα των fan του One Piece. Σ'αρέσει το One Piece; Τότε ανέβα στο κατάστρωμα!!

Μη Συνδεδεμενος Παρακαλώ συνδεθείτε ή εγγραφείτε

Viz Translation.

Μετάβαση στη σελίδα : Επιστροφή  1, 2, 3, 4

Επισκόπηση προηγούμενης Θ.Ενότητας Επισκόπηση επόμενης Θ.Ενότητας Πήγαινε κάτω  Μήνυμα [Σελίδα 4 από 4]

76Viz Translation. - Σελίδα 4 Empty Απ: Viz Translation. Δευ 15 Μάης 2017, 20:32

Deathracer2009

Deathracer2009

Vice Admiral Smoker
Vice Admiral Smoker
Chapter 865: Hey, Mother

- In Mangastream, Cavendish is describing something that happened when he "was a young boy". While that does seem to match the picture in his thought-bubble, Jaimini's Box just uses "in the past" while VIZ uses "years ago".

- In the MS bubble where Caesar is thinking "So then what's the hold-up?", while it basically has the same message, that's an MS-exclusive; JB and VIZ both say "And yet--!" there.

- In part of Reiju's thoughts, both scanlations say "I'm saved/I've been saved!", so I'm guessing that's probably the actual translation of the original words there. However, the official translation fills that in a little more, saying "I feel like my heart has been redeemed at last!"

- Similarly, when Katakuri's mochi is rushing towards Luffy, both scanlations have Luffy shout "You bastard!", so again, I'm sure that's what the original Japanese actually said, too. However, the official has him say "You want this?!", referring to the picture in his hands.

- Bege's one-liner as he and his men prepare to shoot Big Mom is different in each version. MS uses "Time for a dirt nap!" (which I'm reasonably certain is not a literal translation, lol), JB says "Ciao" (which fits their Mafia theme), and VIZ goes for "See you in hell" (which, again, is probably a loose translation, but it's pretty fun).

- In the official, Big Mom's words when thinking about Mother Carmel included "Nobody...will hear me out" (in the places where the scanlations say "nobody will listen to me"), and the final line of panels say "Where did you go? Why did you just up and vanish?"

77Viz Translation. - Σελίδα 4 Empty Απ: Viz Translation. Τρι 30 Μάης 2017, 01:59

Deathracer2009

Deathracer2009

Vice Admiral Smoker
Vice Admiral Smoker
Chapter 866

- Mangastream has Linlin say "Are Mommy and the others going somewhere?", making it sound like she's talking to the pair of people with her about her mother. Both Jaimini's Box and VIZ make it clear that the woman there is her mother, as Linlin is directly addressing her as "Mama" (and in VIZ, she also calls the man there "Papa").

- MS has Linlin's father telling her mother, "Quit crying already!", which makes him seem pretty insensitive. However, both JB and VIZ instead say "Don't cry yet". What's more, MS mentions "casualties", implying that Linlin has killed people at age 5, whereas the other two translations use "destruction" (JB) and "damage" (VIZ). In fact, Linlin's father in general sounds less harsh in the VIZ version: "Don't cry yet, my dear! After all the damage she caused, exile was a merciful sentence! She was just too much for us."

- All three translations describe Dorry and Brogy disappearing slightly differently: MS just uses "It's a legend", JB says "Or so the legend goes", and VIZ states "They passed into legend".

- Both scanlations have Carmel promising, "I will lead/guide them!" (as in, the giants), whereas the official translation has her say "I will show you the way!" (as in, everyone present), and says "you" again in the next part in a place where the scanlations didn't use any pronouns at all: "I can guide you to a brighter world . . ."

- MS calls her orphanage the "Lamb's House", while JB uses "Sheep's House". VIZ names it "House of Lambs".

- The line from the one kid about "They dumped you here like a load of garbage" is another MS-ism. Both JB and VIZ just say she was abandoned. Later, the line about Linlin giving the bear "a spanky" is another one; the latter two translations use "hit/smacked him".

- When Linlin is crying after accidentally killing the bear, she is saying "Why" in MS, "How weird" in JB, and "It doesn't make sense" in VIZ.

- Both Jaimini's and VIZ clarify that Eyri (the one whom Linlin tried to smack a mosquito off of) is one of the Giants, which MS did not specify.

- In both scanlations, after asking everyone to forgive Linlin, Carmel calls her "a kind girl". The official version has her say "She only means well!"

- The official translation also has Oimo refer to himself in the third person.

- MS has another giant tell Hajrudin "Fight with yourself!", with the implication of 'I'm not gonna spar with you, do it yourself'. However, the other two translations use "Your true opponent is yourself" (or something similar in JB's case), as a way to tell him he needs further discipline. Also, the two former Giant leaders call him by his full name, Hajrudin, in MS, but use the nickname "Rydin" for him instead in the other two versions. (Or maybe that's the name of the trainer? ¯\_(ツ)_/¯)

- The names of said former Giant leaders are also a bit different in each version. For the first one, he is called "Yorle Fallbeard" by MS, "Waterfallbeard Jorl" by JB, and "Beardfall Jorul" by VIZ. The second guy is named "Yarle Mountbeard" by MS, "Mountainbeard Jarl" by JB, and "Beardhill Jarul" by VIZ. (So in other words, MS messed up the order of the surnames and given names, and VIZ swapped the order of the two words that make up their surnames.)

- MS just has them say that they've come to call on the children "of the village". In JB and VIZ, they explicitly say they're inviting the children from the House of Lambs.

- After proclaiming that they're celebrating the birth of Prince Loki, MS also names three others: Rold, Gold, and Balg. Jaimini's rolls all three into one: a lord born in the village, "Goldberg". VIZ, meanwhile, has two names, like Sandman said above: "Rodo" and "Goldberg".

- The name of the young Giant girl who was explaining traditions to Linlin is different in all versions, too: "Gerth" in MS, "Gelz" in JB, and "Gerd" in VIZ.

78Viz Translation. - Σελίδα 4 Empty Απ: Viz Translation. Κυρ 16 Ιουλ 2017, 15:01

Heavenly Yaksha

Heavenly Yaksha

• Mangastream calls the chapter "Go, Caesar!"; however, Jaimini's Box and VIZ both name it "You Can Do It, Caesar!"
  • As you might expect, Caesar's line of "Farewell, cruel world!" after Perospero puts up the Candy Wall is an MS fabrication. And his line later (after they break through it) about not going "up to those pearly gates" is an exaggeration: JB and VIZ both have him say "I refuse to die here, dammit!" (or similar in JB's case)
  • Vito's fanboying over the Vinsmokes breaking the Candy Wall is even more obvious in the official version, where he says, "Yeah, baby! They broke through the Candy Wall! Love that Germa!"
  • After Stussy shoots Du Feld with her Flying Finger Pistol, MS has her call him "my dumb, dead friend". Neither other translation has her say anything about him being dead (though since this is One Piece, he may still be alive regardless): she instead calls him "dummy" in JB and "you fool" in VIZ, with a "♥" after it in both versions that MS left out.
  • Stussy's words to Morgans after he asks to still get the scoop on the Tamate Box's contents are a little different; in the scanlations, she says it's okay as long as he just takes pictures, and calls him an "information manipulator", but in the official, her reply to his request is "As long as you keep your feathers off of it. You really do know how to play the game...as any good spin doctor would." Also, Morgans says that he'll sue Stussy for calling him that in the scanlations, but in the official, he just replies "That's defamation! I'm a newsman!"
  • Both scanlations also have Big Mom say "You told me on Fishman Island, didn't you, Straw Hat?!" but the official expands it a little to say "I remember what you did, Straw Hat! What you dared to say to me at Fishman Island!"
  • I personally wasn't completely sure what Judge was trying to say at some parts of his monologue to Big Mom, so I'll just transcribe it here: "But our dream has already ended! In the wake of a dream of just 66 days, our ancestors were left as wandering ghosts unable to set foot on their homeland! And now I have disgraced their memory! To think that I entrusted you with the soul of three centuries of longing...I despise myself!" Also, it's worth noting that, for that last sentence, JB had something similar ("I can only hate myself for that!"), MS once again said something different. ("Curse you, foul villain!")
  • Another weird MS line, after Caesar tells the Brûlée image of him to get out of the way, the next words are "Me?! You can't mean me!" which is worded kinda clumsily and makes it hard to tell who's talking. JB and VIZ both make it clear that it's still Caesar, reacting in surprise at seeing his reflection: "Are you me?! No, you can't be me!"

79Viz Translation. - Σελίδα 4 Empty Απ: Viz Translation. Πεμ 21 Σεπ 2017, 10:39

Deathracer2009

Deathracer2009

Vice Admiral Smoker
Vice Admiral Smoker
Volume 87 (Chapters 870-878):

Επισκόπηση προηγούμενης Θ.Ενότητας Επισκόπηση επόμενης Θ.Ενότητας Επιστροφή στην κορυφή  Μήνυμα [Σελίδα 4 από 4]

Μετάβαση στη σελίδα : Επιστροφή  1, 2, 3, 4

Δικαιώματα σας στην κατηγορία αυτή
Δεν μπορείτε να απαντήσετε στα Θέματα αυτής της Δ.Συζήτησης